MAMA Shelter Paris

If I could choose to be reincarnated as someone and choose the geographical location. I would definitely choose to be born french and probably definitely live in Paris. I would like to be like a french leanndra medine or betty from blogdebetty.

My eternal love for the city has just grown stronger since my last visit on the 15th of December 2013 (third visit) with my other half. We stayed at a hotel called MAMA Shelter Paris, mama shelter is a small chain of about 5 hotels, I can honestly say I rate this hotel and it's lovely staff very, very highly! We both absolutely loved it!



 The Pizzeria (right)
The cabinets running along side of the wall are stocked with quirky gifts and trinkets that you can buy, there are more cabinets in the reception.

There are 2 eateries in the bottom floor of MAMA Shelter, a pizzeria and restaurant. Me and Kevan obviously had to try both of them, I can honestly say that the food was some of the best tasting food I have ever had. MAMA's pizza is fresh and super delicious and we also ate in the restaurant where we shared a fancy casserole dish of smoked chicken with angus sauce and a bed of smooth mash scattered with fresh cherry tomatoes. I really wish I had a picture of the chicken and how it was served but unfortunately it didn't last long enough it was so good! As you can tell by the photo below right I can't really wait to taste food when it is put in front of me,  my bad. It was too good.




The stage behind me (right) is host to different bands during the week/end, there are mirrors next to the lifts on the floors where the rooms are that advertise the band nights.

Here is the moody dark lift with facts written in french on the wallpaper with a moody dark looking Kev. We were on the 6th floor so had plenty of rides up and down to learn some french off the walls (HAH).
This is the view from our room! I would usually be a bit disappointed facing a building but how could I possibly be disappointed with the quintessentially french architecture and blue sky!
Unfortunately I don't have much images of the room or the hotel in general but if you click here you will see the hotels online photo gallery. If you are planning on visiting Paris I would definitely recommend having a gander! We stayed 4 nights, our room wasn't big but it was enough space for 2 of us, I don't mind not having a big room as you tend not to be in it for too long, sleeping and showering. Fresh towels were supplied daily and the room was cleaned very well every day. The room had an apple mac TV with free recent release films and also had these masks draped over a lamps at each side of the bed. This is probably the reason for no photos of the room..... vin rouge and antics (darth and tax selfies was a must). Oh also! The room has a mini kitchen with a small sink and a microwave, so if you need to heat anything up you could!


The hotel has free wifi everywhere in the hotel, which is great for when you want to put some of your holiday snaps on Facebook and/or Instagram. Or if you need to text people, thank goodness for whats app and iMessage, my phone bill would be very scary without it! Or of course you could be a serious business person requiring internet access for serious business things. 

We loved our stay and will definitely remember our time in MAMA Shelter and Paris. I am planning on doing another post on why it was so memorable! 

(Sorry my photos aren't great, I only had my iPhone 5s with me for photographs)




Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts

Follow me at @effiepetrie